Thursday, September 8, 2011

Our First Day of SAGE!

I was so excited to see the students as they got off our bus this morning!  We spent a little bit of time looking at Briarcliff and learning how to find our way to our classroom.  The students had a chance to play detective to see what they could learn about me.  I passed around my purse (....yes I know that sounds silly- but what a great bag of clues!) Each student took an item and looked at it to see what they could learn about me.

They discovered I had $4.00 and a few coins so they have accurately concluded that I am not rich!   They found a picture of Courtney and Logan and I told them about my children.  They discovered my new, teeny, tiny video camera and learned I like lots of kinds of technology and I plan for them to use it too.  From a Lowe's receipt, they found out I like gardening and have some marigolds planted in my yard.  One student found a recipe for chicken salad and they inferred I like chicken salad and that I like to cook.  I collected all of my items (and Jack gave me back my $4.00.)  We laughed and had fun as they learned a little about me.  I wonder what your wallet or purse would say about you????

No comments:

Post a Comment