Tuesday, September 18, 2012

iLearn Podcasts

Last week, the boys and girls each made a podcast of their iLearn paragraph.  This is a paragraph the second graders wrote on their first day of SAGE to tell about a topic in which they love to learn.

They did a great job on their very first podcast!  Besides the fun of sharing their writing in a personal recording, this experience will also help them learn to speak with inflection, at an appropriate pace and volume, when they are orally presenting their learning, online or in person.

I used Audioboo.fm to embed their podcasts here.  I hope you enjoy hearing them as much as the students enjoyed recording them.


























When you have a chance to learn something new, what topics interest you?

6 comments:

  1. I think it was cool being able to listen to everyones podcast. they were great!

    Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently become very interested in learning about yoga. As a runner, my muscles were often tight and achy. So, on the recommendation of my sister, I signed up for a class at the Community Center. I've also checked out books from the library, taken a few classes at Zona Yoga (for a different approach), and watched youtube yoga videos. Caleb's favorite is child's pose (with a little back massage thrown in!!). Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karmen,

    I am so glad you found some time to post a comment on our blog! You will have to show your teacher how to find our blog so she can listen to your podcast. I thought the boys and girls did a nice job. I am looking forward to seeing how you all improve over the course of the year. Most people talk too softly and/or speak too quickly in the beginning. When you have a chance to hear yourself, you can improve your public speaking skills.

    Nice job on your first comment Karmen! Keep up your great efforts.

    Mrs. Koch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and to share your learning interests with us. I have not tried yoga before. You kind of made yoga a research project! After looking at a variety of ways/places to do yoga, what did you end up liking the best?

    I'm thinking Caleb's massage idea is a great one. LOL

    Mrs. Koch

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I like Vinyasa Flow Yoga the best. My favorite part is the savasana (corpse) pose at the end of the practice. Basically you lay down flat on your back. They turn off the lights and you just breathe for 5-10 minutes. I'm sure it sounds boring to a bunch of active second graders, but to a working mom...it's heavenly!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,

    You made my daughter and I laugh. She was reading the blog with me this evening. We think the "corpse" name for the position would come from, "I'm to stiff and sore to move," but I must admit, laying on the floor in a silent room was sound pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    Mrs. Koch

    ReplyDelete