Thursday, October 6, 2011

Woo Hoo! We All Posted a Blog Comment Today!

We started our day discussing how to post a comment on a blog and what makes a quality comment.  The students each posted a comment today!  If you have the time, take a look!  They did a great job.  I am encouraging them to begin to post comments from home.

We have struggled with problems between Internet Explorer and Blogger.  From my own research, Safari and FireFox seem to be a good match to Blogger, but IE has had problems working it.  Many of you may have tried to post a comment only to have it erased, without your post going through.  Thanks to our IT department, I think we have finally found a "fix."  Please let me know if you are ever having difficulties with the blog.  A lot of this is new for me too, so in some cases, the kids and I are learning together.  (I hope you don't mind being dragged along with us!)  If you have a working knowledge of blogs and have any suggestions or ideas, please pass them along to me!


The students continued their individual work in Math Rules, TOPS Math and Exploratory today.  We had a pretty long Exploratory block of time and they really made some progress!  Ask your child about their current task. 

The students were also introduced to the Components of Creativity:
  • Fluency
  • Flexibility
  • Originality
  • Elaboration
Some questions have only one answer:  Who was our 16th President of the the United States?

Some questions have many answers:  What are all of the ways you might have come to school today?

When I asked our students this second question, they came up with car, bus, and walking and then moved onto more creative and original ideas.  They thought of digging tunnels underground, riding in a bean bag chair in a wagon, riding on a zebra, flying with a bunch of helium balloons and many other great ideas.  They came up with a pretty creative list for our first brainstorm of the year.  Ask your child to brainstorm more ideas for you.
It was wonderful to see so many families at our Open House last night!  If you have not signed up for a parent conference, please call or email me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Good. Blogger works on Mozilla Firefox. I don't use Internet Explorer. I use Mozilla Firefox.





    Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frankie,
    I am so glad you are now able to comment on our blog. I am looking forward to reading your comments! It was good to see you at Open House. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear,Mrs.Koch I finally got a first chance to ice stake yesterday it was so fun it felt like I have done it a million times.I was a professional at first but then I fell on my head flat down and got seven blisters and a bleeding elbow.See you later got to go now.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete